Pecan Pralines are such a sweet treat, and drizzled with dark chocolate adds another level of flavor for us chocolate and pecan lovers!!!
3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves
- 3 oz Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Stir together all ingredients except pecans and chocolate, in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 234°.Remove from heat, and stir in pecans. Spoon pecan mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet, spreading in an even layer. Let set about 20 minutes. Separate and break up praline-coated pecans into pieces using 2 forks. Microwave chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval. When smooth, drizzle chocolate over pecans and let set. For quicker setting place in refrigerator or freezer. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Adapted from Southern Living